Fomer: Reimbursement Policy
SIGCHI Reimbursement PolicyAll travel paid for by ACM SIGCHI is subject to the following restrictions:
- Pre-approval of travel. All SIGCHI-paid travel must be pre-approved by the President of SIGCHI or by an officer to whom the President delegates that authority.
- Travel to scheduled meetings (e.g., SIGCHI EC and CMC meetings, conference planning is approved through an invitation from the SIGCHI President, conference Chair, or other authorized individual.
- Approval of a conference TMRF includes delegation of authority for travel approvals to the conference chair for all travel budgeted in that TMRF.
- Approval of SIGCHI's budget includes delegation of authority for travel specifically budgeted to the officer under whose portfolio that travel occurs.
- Unbudgeted travel by SIGCHI's President should be pre-approved by the VP for Finances. Unbudgeted travel by a conference Chair should be pre-approved by the SIGCHI President or an officer to whom the President delegates that authority.
- Limitations on travel expenses. Persons traveling at SIGCHI's expenses are spending membership dues and conference attendee fees, and accordingly are expected to take care to travel economically. Specifically:
- Travel by air or train may not exceed $750 (for within-continent travel) or $1500 (for travel between continents) without prior, separate approval for the expense.
- Travel by air must be in economy class. Business class travel may be approved only by SIGCHI's President. Travelers may upgrade to Business class using their own frequent-flyer miles only when such upgrade does not increase the travel cost for SIGCHI.
- Hotel accommodations must be at SIGCHI-contracted hotels, when so provided. When SIGCHI has not contracted for hotel space, accommodations should be at hotels no more expensive than 150% of the US State Department per diem hotel rate for the location. Exceptions must be pre-approved by SIGCHI's President.