SIGCHI Award Nominations
Nominations for awards to be presented at CHI 2016 are due by November 28, 2016.
Nominations should include:
- a brief summary (maximum one page, preferably a PDF) of how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- (optional) a link to the nominee's CV, if available
- (optional) names and contact information of people who both endorse and are knowledgeable about the qualifications of the nominee.
For more details about the awards, see the SIGCHI Awards page at http://www.sigchi.org/about/awards.
Nominations and queries should be sent as follows
- General questions: sigchi-ac-awards at acm.org.
- Nominations - CHI Academy: sigchi-achieve-awards at acm.org, attn of Steven Feiner.
- Nominations - SIGCHI Lifetime Research Award: sigchi-achieve-awards at acm.org, attn of Steven Feiner.
- Nominations - SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award: sigchi-achieve-awards at acm.org, attn of Steven Feiner.
- Nominations - SIGCHI Lifetime Service Award: sigchi-service-awards at acm.org, attn of Ben Bederson.
- Nominations - SIGCHI Lifetime Social Impact Award: sigchi-service-awards at acm.org, attn of Ben Bederson.
About the Awards Committees and the Decision Process
Two Awards Committees are appointed by the SIGCHI Executive Committee.
The SIGCHI Achievement Awards committee, chaired by Steven Feiner for 2016 selects the recipients of the SIGCHI Lifetime Achievement Award and elects individuals to the CHI Academy. Possible recipients are considered from this year's nominees as well as from previous years, and from other recommendations.
The SIGCHI Service Award committee, chaired by Ben Bederson (SIGCHI Adjunct Chair for Awards), selects the recipients of the SIGCHI Distinguished Service Award and SIGCHI Social Impact Award. The committees gather nominations for the awards and decide who will receive them.
Both Awards Committees seek input from many sources in reaching their decisions, including nominations from the SIGCHI community. To prevent conflicts of interest, neither current members of the awards committees nor elected officers of SIGCHI are eligible for awards.